Ohio Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum that lists the rules and standards of the Ohio Warriors Clan. The Ohio Warriors clan is a clan in the popular iOS and Android app Clash of Clans.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ground Attack methods and ideas for TH8's

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

francismarion

francismarion

What are the most effective ground attack methods?

PEKKA's
Golems
Giants --still relevant??
Wizards
Dragons -- still relevant??

josephbarr

For effective Ground attacks, I am experimenting with different troops to accompany a pair of Golems. Golems lead the way, but you'll need between 6 & 10 wallbreakers depending on the opponent's wall layout. Bringing in barbs, archers, and wizards behind the golems can be very effective. Remember that they move slowly and don't do much damage, so if you hit them with a Rage the effects are impressive. As the wizards come in behind, the rage spell increases their damage as well.

Using Golems, wizards, barbs, and archers is a combination that is best potentiated with Rage spells. You may try adding a PEKKA to this combination and have good results. I would still recommend only Rage spells. The only problem with PEKKAs is that they can be unpredictable in battle.

francismarion

francismarion

I am going to try 1 golem and 2 Pekka's this time. Along with my wizards. What about tossing in some level 5 giants in that? I think that would be better than level 2 hogs...which tend to get wiped out pretty easy.

josephbarr

Giants and even hogs are fine, but be prepared to have to drop a healing spell on them. Also, I've used giants with Golems, and the giants do follow the golems, but they're attacking the same structures as the golems, which I'm not sure is necessary. Let your wizards come in behind for the destruction.

Hogs, on the other hand, you can deploy opposite the golem(s), and will make the way easier for your army as it advances to that side of the base. Consider asking for Level 5 hogs for your clan castle, but again, be prepared to hit them with a healing or a rage spell.

josephbarr

Everyone knows PEKKAS are an amazing destructive force, but the problem has always been their unpredictability. Also, they are slow, so should always be accompanied by a Rage spell. If you can get your PEKKA to follow the Golem into the interior of the base, you're going to do Major damage, and stand a good chance to 3-star your opponent.

francismarion

francismarion

I got really lucky on my last war attack this week. My pekka walked right behind the golem, and actually went to the center of the base, where I promptly hit him with a rage.
however, here is my huge tip that I got from Josh and it works like a champ. I used 2 level 5 Giants to draw the CC troops out. Since they have 670 hit points they can take quite the beating and almost all of the CC troops came out.
thanks to Josh for suggesting that!!!!!

josephbarr

I agree, and I did the same thing once you told me. May as well send in a giant or 2, and send in a wallbreaker too while you're at it. You're going to need a hole in that wall for the Golems.

josephbarr

I like sending a giant instead of a hog because you should be able to slip a wallbreaker in there which you're going to need anyway. A hog rider is a sacrificial lamb that does nothing to contribute to the ground game.

francismarion

francismarion

Exactly what I did too. I sent in the 2 Giants, and then 2 wallbreakers, who busted through the wall. That saved me a step for when I sent the Golems. Worked out quite well. The lvl 5 giants have a ton more HP than a hog. Not even close. They're like a miniature meat shield...

francismarion

francismarion

So....speaking of strategy. My only concern about sending in 2 golems, split on either side of the base is that the accompanying troops will not be sufficient to make an impact. However, I am going to try it. I will have to ask for a PEKKA in my cc to be able to have 1 PEKKA per side. Then round it out with archers, skeleton bombs, and wizards. Hope this theory works out. I am worried that neither will be able to bust through to the center though...

Did you watch Jared 2 star his 2nd attack with Giants?? It was well done. I may go back to using giants with their HP being at 670.

francismarion

francismarion

This last war against the Krauts, they had tremendous success against us using a slightly modified GOWIPE. I noticed several of them substituted wallbreakers with extra wizards. It appeared to be highly effective. My next GOWIPE will employ this method. You obviously still need at least a couple WB's for the Golem's initial push. But I'm definitely going heavy wizard...behind their meat shields...

francismarion

francismarion

I am glad I re-read this. I may try a Golem-hog-wizard attack next week; if I can get enough mileage out of my level 3 hogs, it should work well. I never thought about reducing the stress on the Golems by using some hogs to take out some of the defenses. Sounds like a great idea, and the golems and wizards should last much longer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum